Acceptance of Terms
HALO Custom Guitars, Inc. (“HALO”) provides its website and related services (“site”) to you subject to the following user agreement (“agreement”). If you do not agree with any of the terms of this agreement, do not access or otherwise use this site or any information contained on this site. Your use of this site shall be deemed to be your agreement to abide by each of the terms set forth below. HALO can change this agreement at any time by posting an updated user agreement on this site and HALO may send registered users an email notice of the changes. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you shall cease using this site. If you do not cease using this site, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted the changes. If you have any questions about the agreement, you may contact us at email@example.com.
User Account, Password, and Security
To complete your registration, you will provide an email address and a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared computer.
You agree to:
- Immediately notify HALO of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- Ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
HALO cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
In using this Site, you agree to not:
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, indecent, inflammatory, libelous, tortious, hateful, racially, ethnically, socially, politically, legally, morally, religiously objectionable or otherwise objectionable, or invasive of another's rights including but not limited to rights of celebrity, privacy and intellectual property.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. As a guideline, you may contribute only original work that you have created yourself from original elements. This means you can't use images of celebrities or corporate products, nor images, text, or designs that you've copied from a website without written permission from the owner. You cannot create a "new" image using elements from images other people have created. You cannot contribute a quote or a slogan that is substantially the same as something already written by someone else. By uploading any Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to reproduce and distribute such Content and that the Content complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, illegal activity, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Use the Service to harm minors in any way, including, but not limited to, uploading Content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws and laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct.
- Upload Content that may be seen as condoning or encouraging unsafe practices that would result in the physical, mental or moral harm of children.
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Upload, download, post, email or otherwise transmit false or misleading information.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Site, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Site or affiliated or linked websites.
- Access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Site. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
- Disrupt or interfere with any other user's enjoyment of the Site or affiliated or linked websites.
- Frame the Site within another Site or webpage or link to the Site except as permitted in writing by HALO.
- Incorporate images or names that would violate a person's right of privacy or publicity.
- Incorporate a current or former leader, politician, religious figure, convicted criminal or notorious person, or other famous person's name or likeness.
- Use a manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service.
- Transfer your HALO account to another party without HALO’s written consent.
- Copy, modify or distribute rights or Content from the Site, service or tools or HALO’s copyrights and trademarks.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
You acknowledge that HALO does not pre-screen submitted Content, but that HALO and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to reject or remove any Content that is available via the Site. Upon placing your order, you acknowledge that HALO may review your order, and the Content it contains, for adherence to our guidelines and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. HALO does not endorse any Content submitted to the Site by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and HALO expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Without limiting the foregoing, HALO and its designees shall have the right to remove, without prior notice, any Content that violates the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable to HALO. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for the creation and compilation of your Content, and that neither HALO nor any other party involved with the production of any product incorporating such Content assumes that responsibility. HALO’s production of any product depicting your Content does not indicate that HALO approves of the Content, that the Content obeys all applicable laws, or that you are absolved of any liability or harm arising from the use of the Content.
You agree that you are responsible for actions and communications undertaken under your account. HALO takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content uploaded or otherwise transmitted by or to you or by or to any third-party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, infringement, obscenity, pornography or profanity you or a third party may encounter. You agree to waive any claims against HALO and its affiliates, contractors, agents and employees for losses, damages and injuries which are based on or relate to communications, Content or materials on the Site. You agree to indemnify HALO and its affiliates from all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, which claims are based on or arise from your violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement.
You agree that you will use this Site and any products ordered on this Site in accordance with all applicable United States federal, state and local laws, statutes, regulations and ordinances and will not take any action that harms or violates the rights of any person or entity.
Trademarks and Copyrights
HALO’s trademarks, trade dress and product images may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to HALO, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits HALO. All other trademarks not owned by HALO that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by HALO.
You acknowledge and agree that any Content, including but not limited to text, data, photos, graphics, etc. or other material contained or distributed on or through the Site, by HALO, its advertisers or other third parties, is protected by trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, or other proprietary rights and laws. You may not use or distribute any Content received through the Site without the authorization of HALO or the Content owner. You agree not to publish, reproduce, copy, in whole or in part, nor upload, download, post, email, sell, or otherwise distribute Content available through the Site, in violation of applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws.
You retain all ownership rights to your Content submitted to the Site. By submitting Content to HALO, you grant HALO a nonexclusive, worldwide, transferable license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, publicly display, and distribute your Content.
You acknowledge and agree that the Site and any software provided to you or used in connection with the Site, including, for example and without limitation, any API's or other scripts ("Software") contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws.
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any additional terms provided in a separate applicable agreement, HALO grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use the Software solely as necessary to use this Site and provided that you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Site or the Software, in whole or in part.
HALO grants you a non-exclusive, revocable and limited license to use the Content and HALO’s tools, images, product photographs for the purposes of promoting the site in the condition that you provide appropriate attribution and a link to the HALO website. We reserve the right to terminate this license at any time.
The intellectual property rights in or relating to the content of any notes, messages, e-mails, postings, letters, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other written materials which you submit or communicate to HALO (excluding the Content you submit) will automatically be deemed to be assigned, granted and transferred by you to HALO upon their submission or communication to HALO, and you do assign all rights therein to HALO and agree that the same will automatically become the property of HALO and that HALO may use, exploit, copy, publish, implement, transfer and in all other ways deal with such materials and all of the intellectual property rights therein in any way and for any purpose HALO may elect, forever.
Intellectual Property Policy
HALO respects the intellectual property rights of others. We ask our users to do the same. HALO may terminate the accounts of users who infringe, or may infringe, the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright and/or trademark infringement, please notify HALO’s Copyright Agent, and provide the following information ("Notice"):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright/trademark interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work and/or trademark claimed to have been infringed.
- A description of where the claimed infringing Content is located on our Site.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright/trademark interest involved.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying HALO that your trademark or copyrighted material has been infringed.
You represent and warrant that you are the owner of the content which you submit and that the content does not infringe upon the property rights, intellectual property rights (copyrights and trademarks) or other rights of others. You also represent that there are no outstanding disputes in connection with the property rights, intellectual property rights or other rights in the content or any parts of the content. You hereby represent and warrant to us that this agreement has been duly and validly executed and delivered by you and constitutes your legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms; and that the execution, delivery and performance by you of this agreement are within your legal capacity and power; have been duly authorized by all requisite action on your part; require the approval or consent of no other persons; and neither violate nor constitute a default under the (i) provision of any law, rule, regulation, order, judgment or decree to which you are subject or which is binding upon you, or (ii) the terms of any other agreement, document or instrument applicable to you or binding upon you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold HALO and HALO's officers, directors, employees, agents and licensors harmless from all judgments, awards, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees, expert witness fees, and costs of litigation arising out of or based on:
- Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Site.
- Your use of the Site.
- Your connection to the Site.
- Your violation of the Agreement.
- Your violation of any rights of a third party.
Other than as expressly provided under these terms, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for other commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, without HALO's express written consent.
You agree that HALO, in its sole discretion, may terminate this agreement including but not limited to termination of your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Site, and remove and discard any Content you may have contributed to the Site, at any time for any reason or no reason. HALO may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that HALO may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files of the Site. Further, you agree that HALO shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site. Should you object to any terms and conditions of the Agreement or become dissatisfied with the Site in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue your use of the Site and/or terminate your account.
Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because HALO has no control of such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that HALO is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources or the policies or such sites and resources. HALO is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You acknowledge and agree that you will not use any Product ordered from the Site in a way that would be damaging to HALO’s public reputation or that of its employees, board members, shareholders, licensors, or solution partners. Additionally, you acknowledge that if you choose to display any product including custom guitars ordered from HALO, in a public setting, including on the Internet, in a way which disparages HALO, HALO's board members, employees, shareholders or partners, HALO reserves the right to demand immediate return of the product, to furthermore pursue all recourses and remedies available under the law.
Pricing, Shipping, and Terms of Sale
Prices for products are described on the Site and are incorporated into this Agreement by reference. All prices are in US dollars. Prices and products may change at HALO’s discretion. HALO may offer promotional discounts from time-to-time. You must agree to the terms of the promotion in order to be given the discount. You agree not to use more than one discount per item, unless such use is expressly permitted by HALO. Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you shall pass to you on HALO’s shipment to the shipping carrier. Purchases are subject to HALO’s Shipping and Return Policy. HALO reserves the right to cancel any order for any product that for any reason, including orders that may violate the intellectual property rights of a third party and will notify the purchaser that the order has been canceled.
This Site may be accessed from countries other than the United States. This Site may contain products or references to products that are not available outside of the United States. Any such references do not imply that such products will be made available outside the United States. If you access and use this Site outside the United States you are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations.
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies
The information and product listings on this Site may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). Please note that such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to product description, pricing and availability. We also reserve the right to limit or restrict quantities of products (including after you have submitted your order) for any reason, including, without limitation, if the product violates any terms of this Agreement.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our vendors, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products listed at the incorrect price. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and you have been charged for the sale. If you have already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account or refund the amount in the manner in which the purchase was made by you. If we have overcharged for any product, we will issue a refund to you for the difference between what you were charged and the correct price of the relevant product.
Reviews, Comments and Submissions
Except as otherwise provided elsewhere in this Agreement or on the Site, anything that you submit or post to the Site and/or provide us, including without limitation, photos, videos, ideas, know-how, techniques, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") is and will be treated as nonconfidential and nonproprietary, and we shall have the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable right to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, perform, sell, lease, transmit, adapt, create derivative works from such Submissions by any means and in any form, and to translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or decompile such Submissions. All Submissions shall automatically become our sole and exclusive property and shall not be returned to you.
In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit with any review, comment, or other Content, if any, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the reviews, comments and other Content that you post on this Site and that use of your reviews, comments, or other Content by us will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions or Content. We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions (including comments or reviews) for any reason.
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of the site is at your sole risk. This site and the information, services, products, programs and materials available through it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, halo and its affiliates expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of title, or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. HALO does not make any warranty that (a) the site or its content will meet your requirements, or (b) that the site or service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or (c) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the site will meet your expectations. You agree that halo shall have no responsibility for any damages suffered by you in connection with the site or any content contained therein. You expressly agree that use of this site, including all content, data or software distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through this site, is at your sole risk. You understand and agree that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your business, your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such content, data and/or software. You acknowledge that halo makes no warranty or representation that confidentiality of information transmitted through this site will be maintained. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from halo or through or from the site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the agreement. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances including, without limitation, its own negligence, shall halo or its parents, subsidiaries, officers, employees, affiliates, directors, agents, suppliers, or any other party involved in creating, producing, transmitting, or distributing halo or related services be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if halo has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- The use or inability to use the site.
- The cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the site.
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data.
- Statements or conduct of any third party on the site.
- Any other matter relating to the site.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.You specifically acknowledge that halo shall not be liable for content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, such provision shall be deemed amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect as the original provision and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be affected or impaired.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- HALO may assign its rights and responsibilities hereunder without notice to you.
- These terms and conditions will inure to the benefit of HALO’s successors, assigns and licensees.
- Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
- The failure of a party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of the right or provision.
- HALO’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive HALO’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- These terms and conditions may not be modified by you.
- The following Sections survive any termination of this Agreement: Intellectual Property Policy, Proprietary Rights, Pricing, Shipping and Terms of Sale, Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, Release and General.
- HALO will attempt to notify you when major changes are made to this User Agreement but you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at http://www.haloguitars.com/store/Terms-and-Conditions.html. HALO may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms and the associated policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
- Nothing in this User Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- HALO does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Site, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside HALO’s control.
- You agree that HALO is a platform and as such is not responsible or liable for any Content.
- You use the Site at your own risk.
Please send any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Site to:
21621 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
In accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd, Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.